Chemical peels can help you achieve smooth, glowing skin and address various aesthetic concerns. At Optimal Hormone Health and Aesthetics, our medical spa in Spring, we offer customized chemical peels for the face, neck, and hands. Whether you’re looking to reduce fine lines, minimize dark spots, or improve your skin’s overall texture and tone, our chemical peels can help you achieve your goals.
Remove Damaged Skin; Reveal Youthful Skin
Chemical peels remove the outer layer of damaged skin, revealing fresh, youthful-looking skin underneath. These treatments use a combination of acids to exfoliate the skin and stimulate cell renewal, resulting in a brighter, smoother complexion. At Optimal Hormone Health and Aesthetics, our trained professionals customize the peel strength and type based on individual skin concerns and goals. Chemical peels can reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and sun damage. With regular treatments, you can maintain a radiant complexion.
Chemical Peels Treat:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne and acne scars
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Hyperpigmentation and dark spots
- Sun damage and age spots
- Enlarged pores
- Dull or rough skin
- Melasma (dark patches on the skin)
- Rough, scaly patches or dry skin
- Uneven skin pigmentation
Your Chemical Peel Options:
- Superficial Peels: This type of peel uses mild acids, such as alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), to target the outermost layer of the skin. Superficial peels are ideal for treating fine lines, mild acne scars, sun damage, and uneven skin tone. There is little to no downtime with superficial peels, and you can resume your normal activities immediately.
- Medium Peels: Medium peels use a stronger solution, such as glycolic or trichloroacetic acid (TCA), to penetrate deeper into the skin. This type of peel is effective for addressing moderate sun damage, age spots, and deeper wrinkles. Medium peels may require some downtime as the skin may peel and flake for several days.
- Deep Peels: Deep peels use a strong acid, such as phenol, to penetrate deeply into the skin to target severe sun damage, deep wrinkles, and acne scars. This type of peel requires significant downtime and aftercare, as the skin may take several weeks to heal and regenerate. This type of peel is recommended in rare cases.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Smooths rough or uneven skin texture
- Improves the overall tone and brightness of the skin
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Helps unclog pores and reduce acne breakouts
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production for firmer skin
- Can be customized to target specific skin concerns and goals
- Non-invasive treatment with little to no downtime for superficial peels
- Can be performed on various areas of the body
- Improves the absorption of skincare products post-treatment
How Chemical Peels Work
Chemical peels work by applying a chemical solution to the skin that causes controlled damage to the outer layers, promoting the growth of new, healthy skin cells. The solution typically contains one or more alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) or beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs), such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid, that dissolve the bonds between dead skin cells and trigger a shedding process. This stimulates collagen and elastin production to plump up and tighten the skin.
Your Chemical Peels Experience
During your chemical peel session, we cleanse your skin and apply the appropriate chemical solution based on your skin concerns and goals. The solution will be left on your skin for a specific amount of time, depending on the strength and type of peel. Afterward, the solution will be neutralized, and a soothing cream will be applied to the skin. After the treatment, you may experience some redness, peeling, or flaking for several days to a week, depending on the depth of the peel. You should avoid sun exposure and wear sunscreen to protect your skin during the healing process.
The results of your chemical peel will vary based on the type and strength of the peel, your skin concerns, and your individual skin type. The results typically appear a few days after the treatment and can last several months, depending on the type of peel. In some cases, a series of chemical peels may be recommended for optimal results. Our team can work with you to develop a customized treatment plan based on your specific skin concerns and aesthetic goals.
Schedule An Appointment
Optimal Hormone Health and Aesthetics is committed to helping you look and feel your best. Our team specializes in hormone optimization, weight loss, facial aesthetic services, and sexual wellness treatments. If you’re interested in improving the appearance and health of your skin with a chemical peel, schedule an appointment today. We offer personalized consultations to determine the best chemical peel for your needs and goals.